Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Fack Off

I used to be a TV whore. There was very little we wouldn't watch at Uni, in fact, our days were pretty much structured around TV scheduling. If we forgot to buy a TV guide on a Saturday I hyperventilated. As you can imagine we watched some serious crap (Try Before You Buy!) but every now again we'd stumble across a gem. A new series of one such gem has just started on Channel 4 this week: TV Heaven, Telly Hell. It's all pretty straight-foward but it's presented by a stand-up comedian and every guest is a comedian too so the riffing that goes back and forth is just killer - it's like being in their living room. Enjoy a clip from last series:

4 comments:

Born Worrier said...

I will have to watch that it looks good. Once lost the remote for a few days, that was worrying.

Prophecy Girl said...

I don't know which is more bizarre: that show or the fact that I actually freaking watched Jonathan Creek! It was on our public television station here and our who family sat around and made fun of his hair. WHAT are the chances?!

P.S. I basically didn't watch any TV at all in college (aside from Buffy and Angel). Our lives. So different.

OHara said...

Err. Is this your round about way of letting me know that you watch Katie and Peter?

Muffy St Jacques said...

born worrier - losing the remote is a big fear if mine because I don't understand how my TV operates without it.

PG - I'm actually amazed they show Jonathan Creek internationally. But what's wrong with his hair?!

ohara - I swear I've never watched Katie & Peter...