Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yes, I've Tried Turning It Off and Back On Again...

My broadband providers have given me the finger. Apparently they are "migrating my service" and it won't be fully active again until Friday. Bar stewards. I pretended I had an online business and their shitty service was costing me but they officially could not give a fuck.

I would be angry but being internet-less is strangely liberating. I've started speaking to people in the flesh again and read some fiction out of an actual book. It's novel. I've also started to make my own Christmas cards. Maybe the cheese has slid off my cracker and I haven't noticed.

I've also got very into Channel 4 sitcom The IT Crowd, which I seemed to ignore when it first came round. It's hilarious, mainly because it's steeply based in reality.

Now I bet you're wondering how I'm making this post without internet access? I'll let you ponder that. It's called "building suspense" which is a writing technique I learnt in University....

4 comments:

Born Worrier said...

I am a little in awe, could you really be making a post with the power of your mind ?

Prophecy Girl said...

Dude. You speak of a scary thing, wherein the lack of internet leads to actual living. Let me know how it goes. I've been contemplating that a lot myself...also, it's Friday and I'm sad again without you! I'm really far too dependent on you for our relationship to be healthy.

Muffy St Jacques said...

It was AWFUL. But I'm back. I hate real life.

I made the post with the power of my work computer! Which was against so many company policies I think I'll be fired shortly.

OHara said...

Damn - you gave away the plot to early.
I was going to guess - by the power of mobile phone.
Can you pretend I got it right anyway?